Activity by Medical Center - Downey
|Binesh Batra, MD
Area Medical Director
Senior Vice President
Chief Operating Officer
Binesh Batra, MD - "I run two miles three to four times a week and also use the Kaiser Gym (stairwell) on a daily basis"
Jane Finley - "I find time to do outdoor activities I love; like hiking and cycling. For me, it’s easier to stay fit when I do activities I enjoy."
Mark Zuiderveen - "I believe that a body in motion tends to stay in motion, so I do my best to walk and exercise every day which is why I take the stairs when I can during the work day."
Downey Health Ed Classes and Schedules:
- Weekly Fitness Activities
Download Flyer (pdf)
- Various Health Education classes offered at Downey include:
- Nutrition and Weight Control Classes for Children, Teens and Adults
- KP Kids (Healthy eating for Kids and their families)
- Living Well with Diabetes (a four week intensive program)
- Pre-Diabetes (Preventing Diabetes Class)
- Heart Health Classes designed to help control Cholesterol, Blood Pressure and Heart Failure
- Managing ongoing conditions like Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Headaches and Early Kidney Disease
- Stress and Depression
- Childbirth and Reproductive Health
- Baby Care and Breast-feeding
- Women's Health/ Osteoporosis
- Smoking Cessation
For more information: (562) 622-4150