Activity by Medical Center - Baldwin Park
Baldwin Park Leadership
John Bigley, MD
Area Medical Director
Medical Group Administrator
John Bigley, MD - swims a mile and a half followed by a light abdominal work out 3 days/wk and he walks 4 miles followed by a light free weight work out 3 days/wk. He alternates the days of the two programs and takes Sundays off.
Maggie Pierce - strolling with her grandson, Jazzercise.
Rick Rosoff - plays golf, goes to the gym two to three times a week, plays co-ed softball, and rides his horses (and works at the barn).
Baldwin Park Health Ed Classes and Schedules:
- Farmer’s Market: We host a Farmer’s Market in partnership with Cal Poly Pomona every two weeks (payday Friday), from 7:30 am to 1 pm, cafeteria patio, BPMC. It’s an opportunity for employees, physicians, and members to take advantage of fresh produce, while also helping the community as proceeds benefit the university’s agricultural department.
- Healthy Cookin’ demonstrations: We host monthly cooking demonstrations spearheaded by Health Education department, where we also have guest chefs (staff, mgrs, etc) cook. It encourages employees, physicians, and members to prepare healthier meals and snacks for themselves and family members. Free samples are offered and participants can also take away the recipe to try at home. It’s just one of the ways we’re helping to make lives better.
- Let’s Dance classes: Held every Tuesday, 4 – 6 pm, at the BPMC. The classes offer staff and physicians a fun alternative to exercise. Jun Francisco, transportation orderly, PACU, who is also a dance trainer, provides his services to staff. The drop-in program is free for staff.
- BPMC Bowling League: Every Tuesday evening, 6 – 9 pm, at West Covina Lanes. Contact Employee Services for more info, 626-851-6953.
- BPMC Annual Golf Tournament: August 23, Royal Vista Golf Course, Walnut, California. Contact Employee Services for more info, 626-851-6953.
- Weight Watchers At Work: Every Wednesday for 12 wks, 11 am – Noon. Contact Employee Services for more info, 626-851-6953.
- Various Health Education classes offered at Baldwin Park include:
- Nutrition and Weight Control Classes for Children, Teens and Adults
- KP Kids (Healthy eating for Kids and their families)
- Living Well with Diabetes (a four week intensive program)
- Pre-Diabetes (Preventing Diabetes Class)
- Heart Health Classes designed to help control Cholesterol, Blood Pressure and Heart Failure
- Managing ongoing conditions like Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Headaches and Early Kidney Disease
- Stress and Depression
- Childbirth and Reproductive Health
- Baby Care and Breast-feeding
- Women’s Health/ Osteoporosis
- Smoking Cessation
For more information: (626) 851-6953